The aim of the course is to prepare the students to safely and competently carry out the duties of a member of an emergency response team for a Category Three to Five airfield.
Successful delivery is achieved through a combination of lectures, demonstrations, practical fire ground exercises, interactive debriefs and syndicate working.
The topics covered will include:
- Aircraft construction
- Airport familiarization
- Aircraft familiarization
- Rescue and fire fighting personnel safety
- Emergency communications systems on the aerodrome including aircraft related alarms
- Use of the fire hoses, nozzles, turrets and other appliances
- Application of extinguishing agents
- Emergency aircraft evacuation assistance
- Fire fighting operations
- Adaptation and use of structural rescue and fire fighting equipment for aircraft rescue and fire fighting
- Dangerous goods
- Familiarization with fire fighter’s duties under the aerodrome emergency plan
- Protective clothing and respiratory protection
- Aviation legislation
- Internal / External fir fighting techniques
- Evacuation procedures
- Incidents on and off airport
The learning outcomes achieved through the delivery of this program satisfy the requirements for training of personnel according to required standards for the competence of Rescue and Fire Fighting Service (RFFS) Personnel’
Good physical and mental health. Any delegate not in possession of a valid medical certificate of fitness, will be asked to complete a student medical screening form as provided by ISTC.