The target group is aimed at all personnel who operate radios on VHF. CAA Air Safety Standards and that are required to operate radios on the air band, e.g. HLOs, HDAs and standby vessel watch keepers.
Following a series of explanations, demonstrations and opportunities to practice, delegates will be assessed against the competence standards relating to the following course content.
- Glossary of Aeronautical Terms
- The Communicating Frequency
- Aeronautical Radio Stations
- Communication Techniques, Procedures and Phraseology.
- Radio operator’s certificate of competence
- Air ground communications service
- Offshore communications Service
- The Clearance Delivery Officer
- Operational Control Communications
- Distress and Urgency
- Practice and Review