Following a series of explanations, demonstrations and opportunities to practice, delegates will be assessed against the competence standards relating to the following course content.
Maintain a state of readiness
- Identify and locate helicopter operational hazards, hazardous areas, access routes and points
- Identify and locate all relevant equipment and controls.
- Pre – plan the response to likely incidents
Carry out routine equipment checks
- Clean BA set and carry out service checks
Respond to emergencies
- Respond to the appropriate alarms
- Prepare to enter the incident area
- Enter the Incident area and work safely
- Rescue personnel
Minimise loss to helicopter and platform structure
9. Carry out fire fighting operations
10. Carry out non fire fighting operations