Who should attend?
The course is suitable for delegates with responsibilities for port area and ship fire fighting, and the management of incidents on and offshore.
Owing to the operational and physical demands of the course delegates must:
- Be fit for full operational duties in accordance with brigade requirements.
- Be clean shaven to comply with HSE Guidance regarding the wearing of Breathing Apparatus during fire fighting operations.
- Be a confident swimmer.
To contribute to the delegates continuing professional development in the operational aspects of fire fighting in ports and shipping risks and the theoretical and practical aspects of water safety and survival.
- Ship construction
- Marine legislation
- Operational fire fighting tactics and associated procedures
- Case studies
- Water safety
- Personal sea survival techniques
After successful completion of the course, the delegate will be able to:
- Demonstrate a planned and purposeful approach to the command of incidents involving shipping and associated risks.
- Display leadership qualities called for in marine fire fighting.
- Plan for offshore fire fighting dealing with hazardous cargoes.
- Plan training exercises, including water safety.
- Plan safety and survival techniques in a practical environment.