Following a series of explanations, demonstrations and opportunities to practice, delegates will be assessed against the competence standards relating to the following course content.
Maintain a state of readiness
- Identify and locate helicopter operational hazards, hazardous areas, access routes and points.
- Identify and locate all relevant equipment and controls.
- Pre-plan the response to likely incidents.
Carry out routine equipment checks
- Clean BA set and carry out service checks.
Respond to emergencies
- Respond to the appropriate alarms
- Prepare to enter the incident area
- Enter the incident area and work safely
- Rescue personnel
Minimize loss to helicopter and platform structure
- Carry out fire fighting operations
- Carry out non fire fighting operations