The following is covered through a mixture of theory and practical scenarios.
- Theory of combustion.
- Fire behavior, fire prevention & classification of fire.
- Control of Fires.
- Compartment fire fighting techniques.
- Inspection and maintenance of fire extinguishing substances, fire extinguishers and equipment.
- Fire fighting drills, organize and train fire parties
- Fire fighting command structure and leadership.
- Awareness of dangerous goods and susceptible cargoes.
- Search and recovery of casualties.
- Machinery space fire fighting.
- Fixed firefighting systems.
- Fire men outfit and breathing apparatus.
- Ship’s structure and Stability integrity.
- Fire detection equipment and investigation.
- Liaison with Fire & Rescue Services