By the end of this five-day course, delegates are expected to have understood:
- The principles of storage tank firefighting;
- The use and application of different fire fighting media especially foam and its use and limitations;
- The dangers and hazards associated with boilovers and running fuel fires;
- Lessons learned from past incidents;
- How to prepare for incidents onsite and offsite;
- The importance of training onsite personnel to tackle and manage such incidents.
Practiced and demonstrated competence in:
- The selection and proper use of the appropriate type of firefighting media such as foam and water;
- Dealing with rimseal and full surface storage tank fires;
- Dealing with incidents involving flanges and valves leaks;
Health & Safety at incidents, Fixed fire fighting systems, limitations of foam, storage tank fire fighting;
By the use of several case studies, the events that lead to such large petrochemical incidents.
Hands-on exercises with foam and water , including flange, rimseal and full surface storage tank fires.
To prepare and deliver a presentation on previous majors petrochemical incidents