Why should you attend?
The course is suitable for delegates who provide an operational response to port areas and shipping incidents on and off shore.
Owing to the operational and physical demands of the course delegates must:
- Be fit for full operational duties in accordance with brigade requirements.
- Be clean shaven to comply with HSE Guidance regarding the wearing of Breathing Apparatus during fire fighting operations.
- Be a confident swimmer.
To contribute to the delegates continuing professional development in the operational tactics of fire fighting in ships and offshore installations.
- Ship construction
- Ship fir fighting tactics and fire fighting offshore
- Water safety
- Personal Sea survival techniques
After successful completion of the course, the delegate will be able to:
- Undertake tactical fire fighting on ships and offshore installations at fire fighter and junior officer level.
- Undertake risk assessment applicable to safety on board ship.
- Understand marine terminology
- Understand basic principles of ship stability
- Apply personal sea survival techniques.