March 11, 2021
ISTC is currently looking to recruit – Head of Operations.
Roles and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Head of Operations will ensure that the day-to-day operations run smoothly by implementing measures that will allow the centre to operate at its maximum efficiency. The main responsibilities of the Operations Manager will also include:
- Implementing and strengthening internal policies, processes and procedures and being responsible for any relevant amendments and a mandate for execution;
- Taking ownership of the Quality Management System (QMS) and related matters, working with other heads of departments to monitor and constantly improve the system. Auditing, reviewing and updating the Quality Management System (internal and external audits)
- Ensuring quality standards required by the relevant accrediting bodies – OPITO, Bureau Veritas, Transport Malta, Civil Aviation Authorities, JOIFF, NEBOSH, etc.
- Review and preparation of inventories and operational budget and detailed implementation plans in coordination with the team, and preparing appropriate reports as required.
- Responsible for ensuring procuring adequate levels of and the upkeep/maintenance of equipment and tools required for operational and training delivery purpose. Ensuring operational readiness of internal and external office premises
- Ascertaining that training delivery is in accordance with set standards and in line with contracted agreements and accreditations;
- Ensuring operations are adequately staffed with well-qualified personnel, affording equal opportunities for all employees;
- Mentoring, coaching and overseeing direct reports and ensuring compliance with required standards, processes and procedures. Coaching and mentoring the Training Manager to master skills and abilities to be able to completely stand in for the Operations Manager during any temporary absence;
- Serving as the management representative for Quality, Health, Safety and Environment;
- Managing and strengthening customer relationships and ensuring that requirements are met throughout.
The role will require occasional overseas travel for work purposes, sometimes at relatively short notice, for periods of between 3 days to 2 weeks.
- Industry experience within a senior management role, of which a significant number of years have been in an operations management position. Preference will be given to candidates with a background in the fire service or oil and gas industry
- Formal qualification in management & leadership
- Demonstrated management/leadership abilities including training, team building, presentation and negotiation skills, branch administration, and effective interaction with customer/company management.
- Capability to proactively implement organizational and process change in response to business needs.
- Robust listening, negotiation, organizational, oral, and written communication skills for efficient multitasking.
- Excellent English language skills, both verbal and written especially for preparation of documentation required for internal reporting, tenders and proposal submissions
- Experience in the development of training programs, timetables, PP presentations and delivery thereof
- Experience in the management & operation of an Internationally recognised Quality Management System
- Experience of conducting internal audits and the responsibility of managing external audits
- In possession of a Formal Adult Teaching / Instructor Qualification
- Possession of Lead Auditor Qualification would be considered an asset
- Experience of international business development.
Interested candidates can apply by sending an application by email on [email protected]