May 15, 2019
Roles and Responsibilities
Reporting to the College Director, the Operations Manager will ensure that the day-to-day operations run smoothly by implementing measures that will allow the centre to operate at its maximum efficiency.
The main responsibilities of the Operations Manager will include:
- Maintaining project records (relevant documents, personnel & training records, procurement, inventory, project budgets and revisions, project reports and studies, as well as any other supporting documentation, correspondence etc.);
- Implementing and strengthening internal policies, processes and procedures and being responsible for any relevant amendments and a mandate for execution;
- Course planning, development, maintenance and delivery, including relevant update and amendments for accredited courses (OPITO, STCW, CAA, NEBOSH etc), course accreditation and standards;
- Taking ownership of the Quality Management System (QMS) and related matters, working with other heads of departments to monitor and constantly improve the system while ensuring application of attention to detail is applied and that standards are maintained/exceeded vis-à-vis quality of training, health & safety, sales targets, training needs, client satisfaction and any annual audits or inspections, as required by the relevant accrediting bodies – OPITO, Bureau Veritas, Transport Malta, Civil Aviation Authorities, JOIFF, NEBOSH, etc., reporting to ISTC senior management on the performance of the QMS;
- Auditing, reviewing and updating the Quality Management System (internal and external audits) and improving and promoting the Quality management policy including health & safety protocols, and the environmental issue and impact;
- Assisting in review and preparation of inventories and operational budget plans and detailed implementation plans in coordination with the team, and preparing appropriate reports as required.
- Ascertaining that training delivery is in accordance with set standards and in line with contracted agreements and accreditations;
- Ensuring operations are adequately staffed with well-qualified personnel, affording equal opportunities for all employees;
- In conjunction with Group HR function, handling staff recruitment and training and ensuring that staff are fully qualified to deliver all accredited courses;
- Supervising and managing performance of direct reports as per Organizational Chart, including conducting annual staff appraisals and management reviews as per QMS, setting and monitoring progress of annual objectives and ensuring that all interviews, corrective and preventative actions etc are correctly recorded and in line with the requirements of the QMS.
- Ensuring the upkeep and maintenance of the office, training centre premises, services and physical resources, including undertaking of responsibility for procurement;
- Coaching, mentoring and training the Assistant Operations Manager to master skills and abilities to be able to completely stand in for the Operations Manager during any temporary absence;
- Serving as the management representative for Quality, Health, Safety and Environment;
- Managing customer relationships and ensuring that customer requirements are met throughout, handling complaints and recording of such;
- Strengthening client relationships thus ensuring the successful continuance of all business operations of ISTC;
- Harnessing a positive working environment which actively encourages teamwork, energy, creativity and adherence to quality and standards of training.
The role will require occasional overseas travel for work purposes, sometimes at relatively short notice, for periods of between 3 days to 2 weeks.
- Industry experience within a senior management role, of which a significant number of years have been in an operations management position. Preference will be given to candidates with a background in the oil and gas industry
- Formal qualification in management & leadership
- Demonstrated management/leadership abilities including training, team building, presentation and negotiation skills, branch administration, and effective interaction with customer/company management.
- Capability to proactively implement organizational and process change in response to business needs.
- Robust listening, negotiation, organizational, oral, and written communication skills for efficient multitasking.
- Excellent English language skills, both verbal and written especially for preparation of documentation required for internal reporting, tenders and proposal submissions
- Experience in the development of training programs, timetables, PP presentations and delivery thereof
- Experience in the management & operation of an Internationally recognised Quality Management System
- Experience of conducting internal audits and the responsibility of managing external audits
- In possession of a Formal Adult Teaching / Instructor Qualification
- Possession of Lead Auditor Qualification would be considered an asset.
Interested applicants can send their email to Human Resources on email@example.com.