December 6, 2018
- Instructor – Industrial Firefighting & Offshore training
- Full time
- 3-year contract minimum
- Plan, organise and conduct training programmes in Fire training for the Onshore Industrial and Offshore industry, providing a wide range of training instruction to the Petrochemical, Aviation, Maritime and H&S industry, including demonstration of equipment, practical drills as well as providing academic instruction, including presentations and slides to explains techniques in Industrial fire-fighting and onshore & offshore strategy.
- The Instructor will be required to maintains accurate records, reports and specialized instructions, explain terms, methods, techniques and procedures in fire safety related areas. He/she will also assist in developing training manuals, training guides, training aids and written procedures to enhance training presentations and assist in the up-grading of proficiency & related training programs.
Requirements – the preferred candidate should have:
- At least 5 years of experience actively operating in a Fire related role within the Onshore & Offshore industry/environment, preferably including H&S skills & experience
- Adequate knowledge in the management of fire & emergency service functions in the onshore & offshore petrochemical industry
- Good communication skills with excellent instructional capabilities and preferably holding a recognised Instructional and/or teaching qualification
- 2 years proven experience in classroom instructional work – a recognised Assessor and/or Internal Verifier qualification would be an advantage
- Sufficient IT literacy to function in a LAN supported work environment, to use computer based instructional tools and be familiar with document processing and presentation software
- The ability to read, write and speak English.
- Communication skills in Arabic are desirable but not a must.
- 1st February 2019
- Alternatively could be 1st April 2019 – depending on candidate & availability
- Malta – ISTC – International Safety Training College
Expressions of interest and applications including an up to date CV and specific explanatory covering letter to [email protected]